We believe skilled drivers like you are the most important part of our company and we’re eager to do all we can to make you feel like you’re part of the family—starting with orientation.
Miller Truck Lines – Orientation Information
Where You’ll Be Staying:
Comfort Inn & Suites
6101 St Hwy 66/New Sapulpa Road
Tulsa, OK 74131
Breakfast is available from 6am – 9am
Lunch will be provided throughout the week.
Miller Truck Lines, LLC:
4230 S. Elwood Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74107
Any guest who smokes in a guest room will be charged $250.00 daily fee for smoking anything in the guest room. This includes vaping and or any fumes from incense etc.
SCHEDULE: If staying at the hotel, the Miller van will arrive for pick-up at 08:00am each day. Please be waiting outside, in front of the lobby.
If driving yourself, go to Xpress Wellness Urgent Care, 7127 S Olympia Ave, Tulsa, OK 74132 – 918-665-9500, (located in the Tulsa Hills Shopping Center). When you arrive, contact CHRISTY at 918-447-2110, she will get you set up for pre-employment drug screen and physical.
When finished, go to Miller Truck Lines. See above for address.
Owner/Operators: On Monday bring the truck to Miller Truck Lines shop, east side of Elwood, for inspection at Bay 4. Check in with Shop Manager, Richard Hendricks. Then proceed across the street, west side, to the 2-story building. We will shuttle you to the pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Class A CDL
- Social Security card or certified copy of birth certificate
- TWIC card, if you possess one
- Voided check for payroll and/or direct deposit information or existing bank account or prepaid debit card that can be used in place of a bank account for your payroll
- DD214 if you have served in the military in the last 10 years
- If you have been issued a CPAP, you will need to bring 30-day readout to receive your medical card.
- If you have laptop, tablet, phone, earbuds, bring with you (these items will provide you an option to complete driver required online videos)
- Money for Personal Use – Money for dinner for the 3-4 days of orientation
- NOTE: 1 pair of long pants, 1 long sleeved shirt, gloves and steel toed boots must always be available.
Recommendations prior to DOT Physical:
- Limit intake of caffeine (coffee, tea, soda or energy drinks, any highly caffeinated beverages)
More than 25 mg intake of caffeine may elevate both your heart rate and blood pressure which may have effects on your test results.
Medication must be on the DOT Approved Medication List.
Please bring all Medications to Orientation.
Respiratory, cardiac, medical history and medications screening
Vision – must be corrected at least 20/40 or better in right, left and both eyes together
Hearing test – must first perceive a forced whispered voice in the better ear at not less than 5 feet with or without the use of a hearing aid or, if tested by use of an audiometric device does not have an average hearing loss in the better ear greater than 40 decibels at 500Hz,1000Hz and 2000Hz with or without a hearing aid. A letter from the audiologist may be required with the testing of the audiometric device testing.
Diabetes – must have blood glucose level results of 150 or below if high glucose contents are revealed in the urine collection.
Heart Attack – Must bring letter from cardiologist that you are qualified & released to drive and bring most recent stress test results
Stroke – cannot have a stroke in the last 12 months. Must bring letter from Neurologist with no restrictions if stroke is older than 12 months and pass a skill test in a CMV.
Sleep Apnea – Must bring letter from physician stating you are compliant with Sleep Apnea. Most recent reading in the last 30 days must show 70% compliant and sleep apnea machine must show 21 days usage out of 30 days with a minimum of 4 hours usage each of the 21 times.
The Miller Truck Lines Team appreciates the opportunity you have given us. We are excited to see you in orientation. If you have any questions, please contact your recruiter – 918-447-2162.